Tuesday, June 29, 2021

#9 Perini Ranch Steakhouse

The Perini Ranch Steakhouse in Buffalo Gap, right outside of Abilene, is another one of those Texas legends and it did not disappoint.  Reservations are highly recommended as people do drive from all over to eat here.

In an attempt to make some healthy choices, I started with the Chopped Blue Cheese Salad which was delicious.  It did not take me long to devour it.  Let's be real, it wasn't super healthy, but man, it sure did taste fantastic!


And because decision-making is a struggle for me, I opted for three veggies with my filet instead of just one.  A few people had recommended the Green Chili Hominy so that was choice #1 and it was really good.  Great flavor without too much of a kick.  Choice #2 was the Zucchini Perini which I thought would be a somewhat healthy choice as well.  Not so much since it's zucchini baked in an Italian meat sauce with Parmesan cheese.  My third and absolute favorite choice was the daily special, squash casserole.  Yum, yum and yum!!!  But nothing came close to the filet I ordered.  Cooked medium rare, it was perfection.  Like melt in your mouth perfection!  Of course, it wouldn't make sense to have this amazing very Texas meal without an equally awesome Texas wine; I was excited to see a Becker Cab on the menu.

  

The meal was amazing and the staff was fantastic!  After I finished my meal, the manager stopped by and suggested I sit outside and enjoy the rest of the evening.  In fact, she treated me to another glass of Becker.  Perini's back area was idyllic, calm and peaceful, the perfect place to enjoy a glass of wine and the end of an action-packed day.  I would not be opposed if anyone ever called or texted and said, "Hey, let's go to Perini's for dinner."



Next up, Monahans State Park & Pecos.



No comments:

Post a Comment