Monday, June 14, 2021

#7 Milpa

So here's a really cool thing about trying new restaurants and having new experiences.  Some of them I can do solo, but some of them are the perfect excuse to hang with friends, especially ones I haven't seen in awhile.  And that brings us to my most recent adventure, an outing to Milpa Kitchen & Cantina in Denton.  Not only is Milpa is authentic Mexican and Tex-Mex, but it's home to 100 margaritas!

I met my friend Stacey Polk for dinner to catch up and hear all about her new job at UNT.  It's a really cool gig finding ways to help college kids be successful and finish their degree plan.  She's coming up on a year at UNT, so what better way to celebrate than with tacos and margaritas!    Because it had been so long since we've seen each other, we had a fabulously long dinner that allowed me to try both the Huckleberry and the Prickly Pear margaritas.  

Prickly Pear Margarita

Huckleberry Margarita

Stacey is a big fan of the tacos al pastor, but I knew I had to try the birria de brisket.  I had recently read about birria tacos in Texas Monthly which made my decision-making much easier than normal.  Not once did I regret my decision.  Those tacos were legit!  Check out these ingredients: melted cheese, pulled brisket, sauteed onions, topped with avocado salsa and served with birria broth.  The birria broth was a tad on the spicy side for me, but it was delish!  I mean, all of those things combined together on a corn tortilla makes one happy girl!  

A close up because they were just that yummy!


If you're looking for great tacos and margaritas and Denton is in driving distance, be sure to visit Milpa. They'll let you stay as long as you like while you try to find your favorite margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment