Saturday, August 21, 2021

#22 A Day in Decatur

The only thing I remember about Decatur from my childhood is we drove through on our way to Wichita Falls to visit family and it was best to slow down on that stretch of 287.   But now that I live on the west side of DFW, Decatur isn't as far away as it used to be.  And it's a growing small town with some great restaurants and fun things to do.  On one of my Fridays off, I joined some friends at Casa Torres for lunch.  I've been hearing about this place for a couple of years, so I was excited to finally try it.  I decided to go traditional and get enchiladas, one of my all time favorite meals.  It did not disappoint!

Lunch was followed by pool time at Cindy's.  Not a new experience as pool day has become an annual summer event for us.  But definitely a fun, relaxing day!  By the time we were done with the pool, it was time for dinner, so we ventured back into Decatur for another new-to-me restaurant, Rooster's Roadhouse.  Yum!  So many delicious things on their menu.  I landed on a cheeseburger with a fried egg, because, well, why not?  If you've never had a burger with a fried egg, you are missing out.  Add it to your list of things to try.  I promise you won't regret it.

Who can resist a picture in a phone booth?


New experiences are fun, but when you add in friends like Cindy, Jessica, and Hannah, they're even better!  






No comments:

Post a Comment