Sunday, May 30, 2021

#4 Bondi Bowls

One of the benefits to this pandemic is that my neighborhood, like so many, has started inviting food trucks to come set up for dinner.  As a fan of food trucks and a supporter of local businesses, I try to take advantage when there's one that sounds interesting.  Plus, hello!  That's one night I'm not in the kitchen, so it's a win-win for everyone.

A few weeks ago, the Bondi Bowl truck rolled into Rolling Meadows and I'm so glad I was feeling adventurous.  Normally, I don't know that a vegan food truck would have excited me, but the food is fresh, simple and healthy; I am excited for them to come back to my area.  So many wonderful options, but I went with their namesake, the Bondi Bowl - an acai bowl topped with strawberries, blueberries, bananas, and homemade vegan granola (and maybe drizzled with a touch of Nutella).  I ordered a small because you, know first time and all, but with my first bite I was regretting that decision.  It was so incredibly delicious and filling.  I could have easily devoured the larger size.  The acai part was my new adventure.  I hadn't had it before but I am a fan of this super food.  If I'm feeling super adventurous, then next time I will get a dragon fruit bowl instead.


If the Bondi Bowl truck rolls into your neighborhood, or you frequent the Keller Farmers Market, stop by and get a bowl of yummy goodness.  Check their schedule here or follow them on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment