Sunday, November 7, 2021

#31 Violent Femmes

Just 3 days after seeing Willie Nelson at Toyota Stadium, I was invited by my friend Laura to see the Violent Femmes at the South Side Ballroom.  I don't know that you can have two experiences any more different than those.  And they were both new.  I was a big fan of the Femmes in high school, probably because they were so different than anything I was listening to on the radio.  And listening to songs like Add It Up made me feel rebellious.  But I never saw them in concert not had I ever been to the South Side Ballroom before.  Not only were the Femmes a fantastic show, but there were two opening acts that were also amazing.  I don't recall the name of the first act, but the second act was Me First and the Gimme Gimmes,  They were amazing!  They're a cover band who gives every song they perform a punk sound.  So creative and fun!  And of course, listening to the Violent Femmes took me back to high school.  It was such a fun night!  I guess we had so much fun we forgot to take a selfie.



No comments:

Post a Comment