Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekly Blessings

One of the things I've resolved to do better this year is to really reflect on what happens in my life and to find the blessings in everything I do.

One of my greatest blessings is my family.  Not just my immediate family, but my extended family. Every year my dad's side of the family gets together for both Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's actually pretty amazing.  Nearly every year, the vast majority of us are able to come together for food, fellowship, and usually football.  There are four generations of us!  At Thanksgiving, there were 29 of us; this past Saturday, I think we had 20.  I mean, really, how cool is that?  We all contribute to the meal of the day, which is usually the traditional holiday meal: turkey, dressing, potatoes, pecan pie . . . the whole spiel!  For Christmas though, we did something really fun!  Heavy appetizers (and desserts, of course).  Such a great, stress-free idea!

While the food is important, what's really important is the time we spend together and the connections we have.  And the day is always great.  We're very low key, and we spend a lot of the day just catching up and talking about life.  So thankful and so blessed to have the family, near and far, that I have.

What blessings have you experienced this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment