Monday, January 16, 2023

New Adventures

When I finished up my #50by50 challenge, people would ask, what's next?  I've got a few things I want to accomplish over the next few years and one that I was able to start lickety split was the ABCs of Texas.  One of my goals is to visit at least one new town or city in Texas for each letter of the alphabet.  I definitely had a few places already on my list, but I was stuck on a few letters, so naturally I turned to social media for some suggestions.  This will take a few years and it's possible my list will change, but here's the first draft.  Still looking for X & Z.

A - Amarillo, Archer City

B - Bonham, Balmorhea

C - Canyon, Castroville

D - Dublin

E - Electra, Eastland, Ennis

F - Floresville, Ft. Stockton

G - Greenville, Granbury

H - Happy

I - Inez

J - Jefferson

K - Kilgore

L - La Grange, Lindale, Luling

M - Mineral Wells, Mineola

N - Nacogdoches

O - Odessa, Ozona

P - Paris

Q - Quanah

R - Rainbow, Rockport

S - Shiner, Smiley, Sunset, Stephenville, Sulphur Springs

T - Tom Bean

U - Uncertain, Utopia

V - Victoria

W - Waxahachie

X - 

Y - Yoakum

Z

People have asked, will you go in ABC order?  The answer to that is no, Texas is too big and spread out.  My plan is to do it by region so I can do a few at a time.  Luckily, a lot of the possibilities are perfect day trips from Fort Worth, so I won't necessarily have to wait for time off.


No comments:

Post a Comment